The building that formerly housed the Edgartown Public Library was reopened in June 2018 as The Carnegie, a heritage and welcome center that tells the story of the Vineyard through the lens of the Vineyard Trust's historic landmark properties. The brick building was constructed in 1904 on land donated by Caroline Osborn Warren, a descendant of the Edgartown Osborn whaling family who lived next door. One of the more than 2,500 libraries around the world funded by steel magnate Andrew Carnegie, the building served as the public library for Edgartown until a new library was completed in 2016. The town gave the building to the Vineyard Trust the same year.
58 North Water Street, Edgartown, MA 02539