Gay Head Lighthouse

President John Adams commissioned the first lighthouse at the southwest end of the Island in 1799. Built in 1856 and moved back from the Gay Head Cliffs in 2015, the current red brick lighthouse is located off Lighthouse Road. The lighthouse is maintained by the Martha's Vineyard Museum and open daily from mid-June to early-Oct. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

9 Aquinnah Circle, Aquinnah, MA 02535

Phone

508-560-2671

Website

mvmuseum.org

Town

Aquinnah

Upcoming Events

Hiroshima Day Vigil

Annual remembrance and rededication to peace.

8/6/2020 6am

Recent Events

Gay Head 10K Race

10/6/2019

Recent Activity

Gay Head Lighthouse

Gay Head Lighthouse posted a photo 8/7/2017

Gay Head Lighthouse

Gay Head Lighthouse posted a photo 8/7/2017