A telegraph signal tower was built at this location in 1828, and was replaced by a lighthouse in 1869. The present cast iron lighthouse was erected in 1875 and is located on the east side of Vineyard Haven Harbor in Oak Bluffs. From the grounds, enjoy a sweeping view of Nantucket Sound and Vineyard Haven Harbor. The lighthouse is maintained by the Martha’s Vineyard Museum, which conducts sunset tours in season.
229 East Chop Drive, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557